Not sure what a Show-Off is? It’s APA|DC’s own version of a good old fashion slide show– an informal evening of supportive peer review and camaraderie and goes something like this:
- Roughly 10-12 photographers will be able to show their work. APA members get first dibs, and then anyone else. Photographers sign up for their time slot and download their images from a thumb drive to the laptop to be cued up.
- Each photographer gets 10 minutes or so to project however many images they want to on the screen. S/he can show off a recent project, ask for advice on a portfolio edit, premiere a video piece, or just practice talking about their work in front of a group of (supportive) strangers.
- People are encouraged to come whether they want to share their work or not.
The only rules:
- Keep the presentations to 10 minutes. (Depending on number of presenters.)
- Polite questions and constructive criticisms only.
- Please plan on attending for the whole event out of respect for all of the presenters.
This is a FREE event but feel free to bring some beer/wine/beverages/snacks for everyone to enjoy. We may pass the hat and order pizza as well.
Please RSVP on our facebook page so we have an idea of attendance and please post to the comments seciton if you need or can offer a ride to someone else.
Thursday, May 30th, 7-9:30 pm. (slideshows starting at about 7:30)
WhereThe Studio of David Sharpe and Welton Doby 2766 Garfield Avenue Silver Spring, MD 20910
Practice your skills, meet new people, See some great work.